Follow us on Twitter!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

VIDEOS: NorCal P4P Top 10, Raquel Miller, Denis Madriz Updates

By Ryan Maquiñana
Norcalboxing.net


It was a busy weekend in San Francisco, as I spent part of it in the Comcast SportsNet studio on 3rd and Folsom with Henry Wofford breaking down the NorCal Pound-for-Pound Top 10 list.

Here's the video below:
I also took some time to visit SFC Boxing on 7th and Market, where I interviewed resident IBF flyweight champ Ava Knight before her first title defense in Los Cabos, Mexico, next Saturday against Hongfah Tor Buamas of Thailand.

Knight has enlisted the help of two-division world champion Carina Moreno for sparring. While I'm saving that video interview for the CSNBayArea.com NorCal Boxing Spotlight this coming Thursday, I do have a couple other ones for you today.

S.F. Bayview's Raquel Miller, the Olympic Trials bronze medalist at 165 pounds and national champ at 152, spoke to me about her upcoming trip to Colorado Springs to train with Team USA for her first international competition in Canada next month. Check it out below:

Another SFC fighter, featherweight Denis Madriz, let me know about his next fight May 12 in Woodland on the Solo Boxeo Tecate undercard. He's trying to pursue a rematch of his draw with Jesus Partida last year. Here's the brief interview:

No comments:

Post a Comment