Follow us on Twitter!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Daly City's Julaton Returns May 4 in Mexico vs. Segura

By Ryan Maquiñana
Norcalboxing.net


Daly City's Ana Julaton will return to the ring on May 4 against Yolanda Segura on May 4 in Kanasin, Yucatan, Mex.

The 31-year-old Julaton (10-3-1, 1 KO) is coming off a decision loss to Yesica Marcos (19-0-1, 6 KOs) in Argentina in March that cost the Bay Area fighter her WBO junior featherweight world title.

Segura (8-3, 7 KOs), from Tamaulipas, Mex., scored a second-round stoppage of Erika Gonzalez in March.

"That was not me in the ring last time out," Julaton said via press release. "That environment worked against me in more ways than one and to top it off, I fought my opponent's fight. We all learn as we go and that will not happen again. I plan to fight to my strengths. This is all about winning. I owe my Filipino fans around the world that title back and that is my mission."

According to her promoter Allan Tremblay, if Julaton can win her next bout, the plan is for "The Hurricane" is to fight once more in the Philippines by the end of the summer before going after a shot to regain her title.

Boxing correspondent Ryan Maquiñana is a member of the Boxing Writers Association of America and Ring Magazine’s Ratings Panel. E-mail him at rmaquinana@gmail.com, check out his blog at Norcalboxing.net, or follow him on Twitter: @RMaq28.
 

*This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to Norcalboxing.net or provide a link to the original article.

No comments:

Post a Comment