Follow us on Twitter!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mendez, Livingston Already Talking Rematch

By Ryan Maquiñana
BoxingScene.com

Mendez (left) and Livingston are talking about a rematch. (Stephanie Trapp)

Following an unsatisfying ending to last Saturday’s Solo Boxeo main event between California-based super middleweights Paul Mendez (10-2-1, 4 KOs) and DonYil Livingston (8-2-1, 4 KOs) in Woodland, Calif., both fighters have already commenced talks of a rematch.

“I got a lot of respect for DonYil.  Like I said on TV, if he wants a rematch, I’ll give him one,” Mendez told BoxingScene.com.  “It will give me an opportunity to win it even more convincingly and clearly the second the time around.”

“I’ll give him that he was ahead about four rounds to two,” Livingston said.  “But the last punch was low, even if it was unintentional, and the ref should’ve given me five minutes to recover and finish the fight.  I definitely want a rematch.” 

READ MORE: http://www.boxingscene.com/paul-mendez-d-livingston-already-talking-rematch--57558

No comments:

Post a Comment