Follow us on Twitter!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Maquiñana: Chargin marks 60 years with Friday card

Ryan Maquiñana
CSNBayArea.com

His shrewd eye for talent is as discerning as ever; the bounce in his step is just as vibrant.

As legendary boxing promoter Don Chargin reflects on the 60th anniversary of his first fight card this Friday in Salinas, he does it with a hint of moxie.

“Everybody knows my age,” he said. “I don’t try to hide it. Sometimes I get to talk to some of the young people and get those side glances where they think, ‘What does he know? He’s getting senile.’ Thank God I still see those out of the corner of my eye, because it means I’m still alert.”

READ MORE: http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/01/11/bMaquianab-Boxings-Chargin-marks-60-year/landing.html?blockID=557796&feedID=8306

No comments:

Post a Comment