Follow us on Twitter!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Eloy Perez Thinks He Can Solve “The Problem”

(Photo: Bernardo Cortes, Jr.)

After Adrien Broner eked out a win against Daniel Ponce de Leon on some questionable scorecards in Anaheim last month, it sent a clear message to boxing fans that Al Haymon’s latest client will be given the red carpet treatment toward HBO stardom.

In fact, one quick glance at the latest junior lightweight rankings shows that “The Problem” has jumped to number six in the WBO, just four spots behind fellow Golden Boy stablemate Eloy Perez, 20-0-2 (5), who fights in San Francisco on a Telefutura “Solo Boxeo headliner this Friday against Alejandro Rodriguez, 12-1 (6).

“I don’t know much about Rodriguez but I’m confident I’ll be ready for him,” said Perez, who had just concluded camp in Big Bear, Calif. “I have to say it’s a little frustrating though. I’m a mild-mannered guy and I follow directions but I feel like all these other up-and-coming guys like Broner have been getting publicity over me. I’d like to fight Adrien Broner because I know I can beat him. I’m faster, smarter, and overall better.”

LINK: http://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-lead/eloy-perez-thinks-he-can-solve-the-problem

No comments:

Post a Comment