Follow us on Twitter!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

From Brooklyn to L.A. and Everywhere in Between: Introducing Peter Quillin


Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin’s life mirrors the name of the famous motel that neighbors the Hollywood gym where he currently plies his trade.

“I see the Vagabond Inn every day on my way to training,” he said. “They actually wanted me to stay there at first before I got an apartment somewhere else.”

While the place is known to boxing fans as the original residence of Manny Pacquiao when he started frequenting the Wild Card Gym next door, perhaps it best describes the undefeated super middleweight prospect who now calls Tinseltown his home.

“I’ve lived in a lot of places like Chicago, Grand Rapids, New York, and now here,” said the heavy-handed Quillin, 22-0 (16). “Seeing what Manny Pacquiao has now knowing that it could happen to me if I can keep working hard is a blessing. It didn’t come easy to him. He had to work hard for it and I’m going to do the same.”

On Feb. 11, the well-traveled fighter will be able to cross off the Bay Area from his list when he headlines Telefutura’s “Sólo Boxeo Tecate” against Dennis Sharpe, 17-5-3 (4), at the Fairfield Sports Center.


LINK: http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-boxing-news/from-brooklyn-to-la-and-everywhere-in-between-introducing-peter-quillin

No comments:

Post a Comment